Magnusson is an international law firm with offices in the Nordics, Baltics and Russia. We are organized under a Swiss Verein structure and our governing board is the Committee of Magnusson International (the “Committee”).
Under direction of Chairman of the Committee the Management Assistant will support the Committee’s and its sub-committees’ (the “Committee”) work, including in terms of keeping records, undertaking basic financial reporting and facilitating Magnusson International’s sub-committees’ and its various practice groups’ activities. The Management Assistant will be tasked with secretariat and management support as well as basic finance management responsibilities. Confidentiality is required.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, financial understanding and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Management Assistant to Committee’s functions:
- Attend Committee meetings, as assigned: prepare agenda; take minutes; ensure accurate transcription for the permanent records; prepare and distribute meeting minutes; prepare resolutions and ordinances; route, execute and file post-meeting documents.
- Assist in coordinating agenda preparation for Committee: attend agenda review meetings; coordinate inclusion of requested agenda items with Magnusson countries’ heads and representatives; gather and compile agenda items and supporting documents.
- Serve as point of contact and communicate with Committee members, International Practice groups and other Magnusson employees, outside agencies, clients and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; collect and report in financial performance data and KPIs; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for budget items; monitor and control expenditures and budget accounts.
- Maintain calendar of Committee’s and International Practice groups‘ activities, meetings and events; coordinate activities within Magnusson network; process travel requests.
- Independently compose and edit correspondence related to assigned activities.
- Research, compile, analyze and summarize data for special projects and reports; develop and coordinate their implementation.
- Three or more years of experience as a Secretary or Assistant to the Board.
- High school diploma or equivalent; supplemented by three years of experience in records management and administrative support.
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills, including use of accurate grammar.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross-cultural environment experience and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate high level of customer/client service and response;
- Ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Please submit your CV until 5 April 2021 by e-mail email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact us via email or tel. +370 5 248 7388.
Privacy and confidentiality
We respect your privacy and guarantee complete confidentiality.
We will process the personal data (your CV) voluntarily submitted by you only for the internal administration (employee selection) purpose (its legal basis: we must process the data in order to check your suitability for the job before concluding the employment contract) and only during the period the job advertisement is valid and until the selection for the vacancy is completed. Your personal data will not be disclosed to any third parties, except for responsible employees of the firm.
Please apply directly by the e-mail indicated in the advertisement, avoid providing excessive personal data in your CV, also provide us only with your personal information that is relevant for applying for the job you want.
When you send us your CV, you as a data subject have the right to request access to your personal data we are processing, and to have them rectified or deleted, also to restrict their processing or object to their processing, and the right to data portability. Data subjects’ rights are not absolute, and the legal acts establish additional conditions and requirements to exercise such rights.