Annelise Lykke Schmidt
Advokat / Legal Director
Annelise Lykke Schmidt is a Danish attorney (Advokat (L)) with Magnusson. She has practiced commercial law for almost 25 years, the last almost 15 years before joining Magnusson with some of Denmark’s biggest blue-chip companies with global operations. Annelise has a vast international working experience and understanding for handling of legal issues in various international legal systems.
Annelise’s expertise areas include international compliance issues (sanctions, export control, anti-corruption), intellectual property, IT related legal issues and Danish and EU competition law.
Annelise is a key member of Magnusson International’s advanced commercial regulatory team that works with cross-border regulatory issues in the Baltic Sea region and beyond.
She has extensive experience in designing and implementing compliance programs with related policies, processes, audits and automation of compliance processes including business partner screenings and export license verification.
Annelise has also vast experience in drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts and clauses including research and development contracts, NDAs, IP and IT licensing contracts, IT outsourcing contracts, settlements agreements and compliance clauses.
Some of Annelise’s achievements include:
- development and implementation of various policies and guidelines like trademark policy, IP protection and commercializing guidelines and code of conduct
- development and implementation of various of compliance program regarding EU and US sanction and export control, business ethics (anti-bribery and corruption) and competition law
- development and implementation of compliance program to ensure compliance with US sanctions by US persons working in non-us entities
- assisted in design and implementation of business partner due diligence IT system and a trade automation system
- development and implementation of national and global dawn raid preparedness set ups
Annelise is a skilled communicator and an experienced negotiator.
She is excellent in change management and can assist in ensuring an honest anchoring of any compliance initiative or the like in the organisation. Driving transformation through buy-in and commitment from management and the employees together with clear and simple internal rules and processes.
Magnusson, Denmark, Legal Director/Attorney-at-Law
Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Director for regulatory compliance and business ethics and before that Group Legal Counsel/Attorney-at-Law 2014 - 2019
Rockwool International A/S, Acting Group General Counsel & Senior Legal Counsel/Attorney-at-Law 2007 – 2014
Edvard Nielsen and Partners Law firm (now known as ENP), Attorney-at-law 2006 - 2007
The Eastern High Court of Denmark, Acting High Court Judge 2004 – 2005
CSC, Corporate Counsel/Attorney-at-law 2000 – 2004
KMD, Corporate Counsel/Attorney-at-Law 1998 – 2000
Kammeradvokaten/Law firm Poul Schmidt, Solicitor’s clerk and subsequently Attorney-at-Law/Advokat (L) 1994-1998
Kromann & Münter Law firm, Summer associate 1993
Falk-Rønne Law firm, Law student 1990 - 1991
Udviklingshuset ApS, IT accessories Salesperson/-manager 1987 - 1989
Extensive lecturing experience incl:
- The Forum Institute for Management GmpH, Tutor in International IP agreements: 2012 – 2016
- The Academy Profession Programme in financial consulting, Examiner and tutor in business law for the financial sector in Denmark: 2005-2008
- The University of Copenhagen, the Faculty of Law, Tutor in law of property: 2005 – 2007 and 1995 – 1997
- The University of Southern Denmark, Tuyor in international commercial and business law, 2005 - 2007
The academy profession program “The new manager/management in praxis” at Zealand Institute of Business and Technology and Køge Business College, Denmark 2013
IMD, Executive leadership seminar for the Rockwool group 2012
MBA-certified in negotiation, Edinburg Business School MBA 2010
Master of Law from Copenhagen University, Denmark 1994
Erasmus bursary in Greek law at the Universities of Athen and Thessaloniki 1992
Right to appear before the High Courts of Denmark in 1998
Admitted to the bar in Denmark in 1997 (Advokat)
Danish – native
English - fluent
Swedish, Norwegian and German – understand